Wednesday, September 23, 2009

There are still some hummingbirds


I was surprised that they're still around.  The feeder had pretty much gone dry, and I wasn't going to fill it back up, but I saw a hummingbird hovering around it Sunday morning.  I restocked it a bit and it's been a polular site ever since. 

The fellow I took the picture of here is on his way to somewhere else.  He seemed awfully chubby as hummingbirds go, but I suppose he would have to be for the trip he's got ahead of him. 

I recall reading an article that suggested that an increased sugar content to the nectar in the fall, when the birds are migrating, would be a good thing.  I think I'll fill the thing up a bit and strengthen the dose.  An extra tablespoon or so of sugar might be helpful to them on their way south.


FT

No comments:

Post a Comment