Monday, August 31, 2009

Cattail Basket Update - Day 2

They seem to be drying out nicely hanging in bundles in the work room.  I'll need to unbundle and rebundle them so that the ends of the leaves will dry out.  I won't be using the very bottoms of the leaves so I'm not too concerned with aesthetics there, but I don't want them to start getting moldy.  There is some goo that looks very like aloe vera gel at the base of the leaves, and I probably should have wiped that off before hanging them up. 

If they seem like they're not drying well, I think I'll take a big needle and some strong thread and string them together.  I can hang them back over the pegs in the work room and spread them out a bit.


In case you're wondering, I won't be posting an update on the cattails every day.  I'll only post when I think there's something interesting to share.  I don't expect that to happen too often in the next few weeks, until the actual basket making starts.



FT

No comments:

Post a Comment