Monday, October 19, 2009

Home Invasion

It's a part of living where we do that we just have to accept.  When they start harvesting soybeans, the Asian Lady Beetles will invade.  Today there are hundreds, probably a dozen per square foot of house surface. There are also dozens inside the house.  There will be thousands of them on the house when I got home from work tomorrow.  I may get lucky as it's supposed to be cloudy and cooler, then rain for days after that, possibly even snow by Friday. 
I'm hoping that bulk of the ALB will decide to lay low tomorrow, but I can't see how that will happen.  They like it when it's sunny, but the farmers are unlikely to take that into consideration.  They've got maybe 36 hours to get the beans out of the field before it starts to rain. 

I could still get lucky because the fields around me are corn this year rather than beans - these ALB are coming in from at least a mile away.  I'm hoping they'll find a place to stop before they get here. 




FT

No comments:

Post a Comment