Monday, December 7, 2009

Bill Came Home, but Things Were Different

It's been a while since I posted.  First thing I need to share is that Bill came home.  He was gone for about 10 days, came home a little slimmer but in good condition. 


He was not happy when he came home, though.  While he was away, we got a new family member.  There's a pic of her at right.  The last thing I wanted was another cat.  Well, not the absolute last thing, obviously, but really close to the top of the list of things I did not want.  The son-in-law brought her to me because she was about to become homeless, and he knows I'm a great big sucker.  We've named her Pita.  She is named for the acronym - Pain In The Ass.  She's cute as heck, but definitely lives up to her name.  She is a curtain climber, an ankle attacker, a beverage tipper-overer.  On the plus side, when I showed her the litter box, she knew exactly what it was for, she loves to cuddle, and has pretty good bed manners.

Bill disliked her on sight.  She went bouncing up to him, thinking that he'd find her as irresistable as hubby and I had.  He did not.  He put her in her place, then searched the rest of the house to make sure that there were no others like her hiding anywhere. 


Bill and Pita have reached an understanding.  That understanding seems to be that she is irresistable and he should just stop fighting it.  He eventually gave in, but he makes sure that she knows that he is the Head Cat In Charge, and is not to be messed with, leapt upon, chewed on, hissed at, or any other unpleasant thing. 

Looks like I'm going to end up a crazy cat lady after all.  At least I have hubby to help out.


FT

No comments:

Post a Comment